Senior Network System Engineer / Administrator
Intalytics, a leader in location-centric predictive analytics, is in search of a Senior Network System Engineer/Administrator to design, administer, and support networks and their operating systems and associated subsystems. Founded in 2007, Intalytics has entered a period of significant growth and this pivotal position offers excellent opportunity to grow into a leadership role.
Attributes and Responsibilities
- Administrator. Provide system-level support for multi-user operating systems, hardware and software tools. Install, configure, and maintain systems, such as LAN, WAN, Internet and data networks. Perform essential system backup and restore testing and periodic recovery testing of DR (disaster recovery) plans.
Security. Implement, monitor, and document corporate security policies, including data access, data permissions, and assist with managing user accounts.
Collaborative. Partner with various internal groups to engineer highly scalable solutions for new and existing services and applications.
Problem solver. Able to design and implement system enhancements that improve system performance and reliability, including software and hardware updates. Troubleshoot and solve internally-reported system issues.
Organization. End-to-end management of multiple projects of varying complexity while balancing priorities, timelines, and stakeholder expectations. Maintain accurate documentation of internal procedures, services, and best practices.
Customer-centric. Support internal departments in resolving a wide variety of customer-facing issues, including deployment, service, and technical questions. Monitor systems for maximum availability and participates in 24X7 on-call support rotations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related degree.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Windows Server Administration in a production environment
- 5+ years’ experience working with Desktop Administration support (Windows + Mac)
- 3+ years of scripting experience
- Understands basic network concepts and has familiarity with TCP/IP and VLAN functionality.
- Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems and tasks.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the utilization of root-cause analysis and practical issue resolution.
- Demonstrative written and verbal communication skills to audiences with a wide variety of technical knowledge
- Strong understanding of universal network services (DNS, HTTP, email, Samba, LDAP, MySQL)
- Experience using automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) to deploy and configure environments
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira/Confluence/Crucible/Bamboo)
This position is located in our Irving, TX office. All eligible candidates must be U.S. citizens and/or legally authorized to work in the United States.